Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cypress Lake - Landscape Oil Painting

Oil on gallery wrapped canvas 16 x 20"

This painting is back home now. I picked it up from Meaford Hall this morning. It is one of my favourite paintings. It took time to get the highlights and shadows right. When I started working on it, I thought that it would not turn out well. I worked on it and spent time looking at it carefully. I'm really pleased with the final result.

A bit about the day... It was windy, the water was rough and a few waves were breaking in the background. You can see a few whitecaps in the distance. The water was a beautiful emerald colour, and the shadows in the water created a wonderful blue, a great August day. These things drew me to paint this scene.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...